Apricots are hitting their peak, so make the most of them in this luscious fruit coulis and cream dessert!
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 500g (about 6) apricots, halved, stoned, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange-blossom water (see top tips)
- 420g (1 1/2 cups) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 250g creme fraiche
- Roasted flaked almonds (optional), to serve
- 35g (1/4 cup) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 115g (1 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (see top tips)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 160°C. To make macaroons, line an oven tray with baking paper. Combine apricots, coconut, vanilla and condensed milk in a bowl. Whisk egg white to stiff peaks, then fold into coconut mixture. Place tablespoons of mixture in small mounds, 3cm apart, on prepared tray, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on tray. Makes 12.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, lemon zest and juice, and two-thirds of the apricots in a saucepan and stir over low-medium heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until apricots are soft. Stir in orange-blossom water and remaining apricots. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chilled.
- Whisk yoghurt and creme fraiche in a bowl until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble fools, layer apricot and yoghurt mixtures in glasses, then scatter with flaked almonds, if using.
- Serve fools with macaroons.