For something fruity and warm to sweeten winter evenings, crumbles are truly tops. Try this diabetes-friendly version.
- 1 wheat cereal biscuit, crushed
- 1/2 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio kernels
- 1/4 cup extra-light canola spread
- 1kg tub apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine cereal, oats, flour, sugar, mixed spice and pistachios in a bowl. Add spread. Using fingertips, rub spread into flour mixture until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place apricot in prepared dish. Top with biscuit mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.