Serve this baked fruit pudding warm with ice-cream for a satisfying after dinner treat.
- 410g can apricot halves in juice, drained well
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- 6 scoops vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 22cm round (base) ovenproof dish. Pat apricots dry with paper towel.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla for 6 to 8 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Whisk in flour, then butter and milk until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Place prepared dish in oven for 5 minutes to warm up. Remove from oven. Pour batter into warmed dish. Top with apricots, cut-side up, then sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and puffed. Dust clafoutis with icing sugar. Serve warm with ice-cream.