Liven up rich apple sauce with soy, ginger and nutty cashews to serve with tender pork.
- 1/2 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 4 large pork cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 apples, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Steamed bok choy, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place seasoned flour into a plastic bag. Add cutlets, a few at a time, and toss until coated in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook cutlets, in batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add juice, soy, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper to the dish. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat. Place cutlets into dish. Top casserole with apples and sprinkle with cashews.
- Cover. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 20 minutes. Serve with bok choy.