Serve succulent apple pork with cabbage, bacon and peas for a complete winter-warming meal.
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 pork cutlets, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 rashers rindless shortcut bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage (see note)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Combine apple and soy sauce in a shallow dish. Add pork. Turn to coat. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan, reserving marinade. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic and bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add cabbage. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Return pork and reserved marinade to pan. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through, adding peas in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve.