Now you can enjoy a classic favourite without the extra kilojoules, thanks to this healthy apple crumble recipe.
- 4 lady williams apples, peeled, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (Hermesetas Gold brand)
- 55g (1/2 cup) hazelnut meal
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 x 200g carton no-fat vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat grill to medium. Place the apple, apple juice, nutmeg and half the sweetener in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the apple softens. Spoon apple mixture into a round 20cm (base measurement) ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, combine the hazelnut meal, flour and remaining sweetener in a bowl. Add the water and stir until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the apple mixture.
- Cook under preheated grill, about 7cm from the heat source, for 2 minutes or until golden. Serve with yoghurt.