With a golden pastry crust and a rich apple filling, these fresh-from-the-oven treats are simply irresistible!
- 400g can pie apple slices, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Pat apple dry with paper towel. Cut into 1cm cubes. Combine apple, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Using a 9cm round cutter, cut 25 rounds from pastry sheets. Spoon 2 teaspoons apple mixture in the centre of 1 round. Fold pastry over to enclose filling. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Place on tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining apple mixture and pastry. Brush with egg. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with double cream or ice-cream.