Keep this freezer-friendly apple berry crumble pie handy for an easy winter dessert idea.
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 400g can sliced pie apple
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almond and pine nut mix
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm-deep, 14cm (base) x 18cm (top) foil pie tin. Line tin with pastry. Trim excess. Mark edges with a fork. Pierce base all over with a fork. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden. Cool.
- Make filling: Combine apple, cinnamon and berries in a bowl. Spoon over pastry.
- Make topping: Place flour, sugar and butter in a bowl. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in almond mixture. Sprinkle over apple filling (if freezing, see note).
- Place pie on a baking tray. Bake for 50 minutes or until heated through and golden (cover with foil if over-browning).