Warm and fruity with a crunchy golden topping makes this gorgeous crumble dessert a food comfort classic.
- Butter, for greasing
- 5 large (about 1 kg) golden delicious apples
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural muesli
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 75g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 4-cup shallow rectangular baking dish with butter.
- Peel, core and slice apples into thick wedges. Place apples, sultanas, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and cook, stirring once, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Uncover and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Spoon cooled apple mixture into prepared dish, smooth top.
- To make crumble topping, combine muesli, brown sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Rub in butter until mixture is crumbly, sprinkle over apples.