For a low GI, feel-good dessert, tuck into this wholesome fruit tart filled with apple and creamy ricotta.
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 150g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup (55g) dried diced apricots
- 1 golden delicious apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Double cream or yoghurt, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 26cm x 16cm slab pan with non-stick baking paper, leaving two sides extending. Spray one sheet of pastry with olive oil and fold in half widthways. Place into the pan. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Mix ricotta and 2 tablespoons of the apricots. Spread over pastry then top with apple. Scatter over remaining apricots.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and bake for 30 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with the double cream or yoghurt, if desired.