With a rich apple filling, these golden pastry desserts are best served with ice cream and a sprinkling of sugar.
- 1 sheet (25cm x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large pink lady apple, peeled, quartered, core removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 15g butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- Caster sugar, extra, to sprinkle
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve, optional
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut the pastry into four even squares. Fold each square of pastry over to form a triangle, then open out flat again.
- Layer the apple over one side of each piece of pastry, leaving a 1/2 cm border around the edges. Sprinkle over the sultanas, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Brush the edges of the pastry with water and fold over to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal.
- Brush the triangles with the whisked egg white and sprinkle with a little extra sugar. Bake the turnovers for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry becomes golden brown.
- Serve warm on their own or with ice cream.