Now you can enjoy guilt-free Anzac biscuits with this healthier, lower GI version of a national classic.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup SPLENDAÂ® Granular
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, sifted
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease 2 baking trays. Combine oats, flour, SPLENDA®, bicarbonate of soda and coconut in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, 1/4 cup water and syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Add butter mixture to oat mixture. Stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Flatten. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Loosen biscuits on trays whilst still warm. Cool on trays. Serve.