You just can't beat the classic Anzac biscuit whip up a batch (or three) of these and watch them disappear!
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 140g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 80g (1 cup) moist coconut flakes
- 120g butter, melted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon water, boiling
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, oats and coconut in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the butter and golden syrup. Combine the bicarb and water in a bowl. Add to well. Stir until combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on trays.