Give vegetarian pasta a flavour boost with lemony sumac and peppery watercress.
- 350g angel hair pasta (cappellini)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Cook pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Heat half the oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add garlic and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is slightly tender. Remove from heat and add cress.
- Add to pasta with reserved cooking liquid, remaining oil, juice and sumac. Season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Toss to combine.