Flaky kingfish served with romesco-style sauce and seasonal delicacies is something truly special.
- 500g small chat potatoes
- 175g baby green beans, trimmed
- 60g small black French-style olives, flattened, pitted, torn
- 1/2 cup torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra, to cook
- 4 x 125g pieces of kingfish fillet
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, seeded
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 8 anchovies, drained
- 60g blanched almonds, roasted
- 60g walnuts, roasted
- 6 figs, stems removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water
- Preheat oven to 200C. For anchoiade, place capsicums, onion and garlic in a roasting pan, season, drizzle with oil and roast for 35 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly, then peel capsicums and garlic. Transfer vegetables and juices to a food processor, add remaining ingredients and process to a slightly coarse paste.
- Cook potatoes in a large pan of water over medium heat until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add beans to same pan and cook until tender. Drain. Slice potatoes thickly and combine in a bowl with beans, olives, parsley, zest and oil. Season.
- Brush fish lightly on both sides with a little extra oil. Season. Heat a heavy-based frying pan or chargrill over high heat and cook fish for 3 minutes each side or until just tender. Serve on a bed of vegetables, topped with spoonfuls of anchoiade.