Spoil dad on Father's Day with a plate of these finger-licking beef ribs in a sweet, spicy marinade.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Chang's Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1kg beef ribs
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 Sebago potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- Dressed spinach leaves, to serve
- Combine tomato sauce, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt and pepper in a ceramic dish. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place ribs on tray. Roast for 1 hour, turning ribs over once, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place a wire rack over an oven tray lined with paper towel. Pour oil into a large saucepan until one-third full. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Cook potato slices, 5 or 6 at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire rack.
- Serve ribs with potato crisps and spinach.