This comforting, American-style sticky basted pork recipe is perfect for the family or watching the footy.
- 2/3 cup (160ml) corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beer
- 2 tablespoons treacle
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1.5kg pork ribs
- Combine corn syrup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, dark brown sugar, beer, treacle and Tabasco. Mix well.
- Cut pork ribs into pieces, 3-4 bones per piece. Place ribs in a large plastic container and pour over the syrup mixture, making sure the ribs are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Transfer ribs to a baking dish and drain marinade into a separate small pan. Gently simmer the marinade for 5-10 minutes. Bake ribs for 1 hour 45 minutes until sticky, basting often during cooking. Serve with potato wedges and extra sauce.