The ultimate in comfort food, bite into this American-style burger topped with all the favourites.
- 400g heart-smart beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh multigrain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 reduced-fat cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns, halved, toasted
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 teaspoons American-style mustard
- 4 gherkins, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place mince, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce and half the tomato sauce in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix to combine. Shape into four 1.5cm-thick patties.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to prepared baking tray. Top each with 1 cheese slice. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Place lettuce on roll bases. Top with patties, mustard, gherkins, onion, remaining tomato sauce and roll tops. Serve.