For a great summertime recipe, you can't go past a good old fashioned backyard burger.
- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons American mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup bread and butter cucumbers
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon mustard to remaining mince mixture. Mix to combine. Shape into four 1.5cm-thick patties.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Top each patty with 1 cheese slice. Place patties on roll bases. Top with remaining mustard, tomato sauce and cucumber. Sandwich with roll tops.
- Make Salad slaw: Place lettuce, carrot, red onion and tomato in a bowl. Combine mayonnaise and dressing in a bowl. Drizzle over salad. Toss. Serve burgers with salad.