These American-style meatballs are delicious in a hamburger bun with all the traditional favourites of tomato, lettuce, gherkins and chutney.
- 400g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Hamburger buns, tomato slices, lettuce, gherkins and tomato chutney, to serve
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, sauces, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using clean hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick rissoles. Place on a plate.
- Cook rissoles, in a large frying pan sprayed with oil, over medium-high heat, for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until almost cooked through. Top each rissole with a slice of cheese. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Serve rissoles in buns with tomato, lettuce, gherkins and chutney.