Bring out your favourite drop for this delicious dessert cake that makes olive oil a star ingredient.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (215g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Thick cream, to serve
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of two 10 x 20cm loaf pans with baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. Add the oil and liqueur and whisk until just combined. Add the flour and almond meal and use a metal spoon to gently fold until just combined. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside in the pan to cool. Serve with thick cream and berries, if desired.