Crunchy almond toffee and decadent amaretto cream are a heavenly match with seasonal winter fruits.
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 50g (1/3 cup) toasted slivered almonds (Ducks brand)
- Strawberries, pear slices and dates, to serve
- 250g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the sugar in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and caramelises. Remove from heat. Add the almonds and stir until well combined. Pour onto prepared tray and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile: to make the amaretto cream, place the mascarpone, amaretto and icing sugar mixture in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Break up the almond toffee. Place in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer the amaretto cream to a serving bowl and sprinkle with praline. Serve with strawberries, pear slices and dates, if desired.