A healthy mixture of nuts and grains make these biscuits extra crunchy.
- 25g (1 cup) puffed amaranth
- 100g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 50g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 80g (1/3 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 115g (1/3 cup) honey
- 3/4 teaspoon bi carb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Place amaranth, oats, coconut, almonds, flour and sugar in a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Place butter, honey and 1 tablespoon water in a medium size saucepan. Heat over a medium heat, stirring, to dissolve the butter. Add bicarb of soda (mixture will bubble vigorously) and remove from heat. Add to dry ingredients, stir until well combined.
- With lightly wet hands, shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place 3cm apart on prepared tray. Flatten slightly with your fingertips, (the biscuits spread a little)
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool completely on the tray. Store in an airtight container.