Refreshing almond semifreddo is the perfect way to end your Italian-inspired Christmas feast.
- 600ml thickened cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (60ml) amaretto
- 2 eggs, plus extra
- 4 yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (90g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125g) chopped mixed glace fruits
- Grease a 1.25L terrine or loaf pan and line with plastic wrap, leaving plenty overhanging the sides. Beat cream, mascarpone and amaretto in an electric mixer to soft peaks. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill.
- Place eggs, extra yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisk for 5-6 minutes until doubled in volume. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whisk until cool. Fold in half each of the almonds and fruits, then fold into the cream mixture. Pour into prepared mould and cover with excess plastic wrap. Freeze overnight until firm.
- When ready to serve, cut into slices and scatter with the remaining nuts and fruits.