Warm up this winter with a rich and spicy almond chicken dish.
- 100g almond meal
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 4 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 12 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Combine almond meal and water in a medium bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to soak.
- Melt ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, cloves, curry leaves, cardamom, garlic, turmeric and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add chicken and almond meal, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add cream and cook for 15-20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in garam masala. Season. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds to serve.