This is a special dessert cake, made with white chocolate and almonds.
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 150g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160C to 140C fan-forced. Grease a 23cm round cake pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper, bringing paper 5cm above edge of pan.
- Combine sultanas, currants, cherries, almonds, orange rind and juice in a large bowl. Set aside to soak for 2 hrs.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in fruit and chocolate. Fold in flour and baking powder alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with a metal spatula.
- Scatter flaked almonds over top of cake. Bake for 2-2.5 hrs until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan.