Bake straight from the heart to create these cute cakes that are deliciously rich and gluten free!
- Light olive oil spray, to grease
- 60g butter
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pouring cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray two 9cm (base measurement across the widest part) heart-shaped cake pans with oil.
- Combine the butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the almond meal, egg and milk into the cocoa mixture. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache, combine the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until the mixture cools and thickens.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the cakes. Top with raspberries.