Turn your dessert into a double treat with almond pear tart and chunky honeycomb ice-cream.
- 1L vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 1 x 50g bar Nestle Violet Crumble, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, just thawed (see tip)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 x 410g can pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 35g (1/3 cup) flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Combine the ice-cream, Violet Crumble and honey in a large bowl. Return the mixture to the ice-cream container. Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a 10.5cm-diameter fluted round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from the pastry. Place the pastry discs on the lined tray.
- Brush the discs with the egg. Place 1 pear half in the centre of each disc.
- Combine the almonds and sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the pastries. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve warm with a scoop of the honeycomb ice-cream.