Clear out the fridge and pantry with this fun Mexican dinner idea.
- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander root and stem, plus leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Cooked brown rice or white rice and tortillas, to serve
- 235g (1 cup) sour cream or natural yoghurt, to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables, garlic, chilli and coriander. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin, paprika and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the tomato, beans and water. Season. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with rice and tortillas. Top with coriander leaves and sour cream or yoghurt.