This is an iron-rich creamy, beef stroganoff with zucchini, mushrooms and paprika - all cooked in the one pan!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 large brown onion, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 200g cup mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups Massel beef stock
- 300g dried angel hair pasta
- 2 zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes or until just browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Stir to coat. Add stock and 2 cups water. Bring to the boil. Add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Return beef to pan with zucchini. Stir. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in 1/2 the sour cream. Serve stroganoff topped with remaining sour cream, and sprinkled with parsley and extra paprika.