Get your weekend off to an energetic start with this hearty breakfast fit for a king!
- 6 lamb, rosemary & garlic sausages
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bacon rashers
- 6 ripe egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 6 eggs
- Bread, toasted, buttered, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Arrange the sausages and mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven, turning once, for 10 minutes. Add the bacon and tomato and bake for a further 10 minutes or until mushrooms and tomato are soft.
- Arrange the mixture in the pan to create 6 spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately with buttered toast, if desired.