Chill out with this simple gazpacho soup that is the perfect antidote to a hot summer's day.
- 100g piece day-old rustic bread, crusts removed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 240g (1 1/2 cups) whole blanched almonds
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sherry vinegar (see note)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 175g (1 cup) seedless green grapes, thinly sliced
- 45g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds, roasted
- Soak bread in a bowl of water, drain, then squeeze bread to remove excess moisture.
- Process soaked bread, garlic, whole almonds and 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water in a food processor until very smooth. Transfer to a large bowl or container, stir in vinegar, oil and 500ml (2 cups) water, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Ladle soup among bowls. Scatter with grapes and slivered almonds.