Agrodolce, meaning 'sweet and sour' in Italian, describes the flavour of the vincotto, a delicious condiment made by reducing grape juice to a thick syrup.
- 600g mixed olives (see note)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, zest peeled into wide strips
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 6 bay leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Maggie Beer Fig
- Vino Cotto (see note) or balsamic vinegar glaze (see note)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 week for the flavours to develop.
- Bring olives to room temperature and serve with bloody Marias.