Full of fresh ingredients, this super-healthy version of an Italian pasta classic is not only tasty but nutritious.
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded
- 100g butter, melted
- 625g packet fresh ricotta and spinach agnolotti pasta (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut pumpkin into 2cm cubes. Place onto tray. Brush with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Heat remaining butter in a frying pan over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in nutmeg.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepan. Add pumpkin, butter, walnuts, chives, parsley, and salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until well combined. Serve immediately.