Roasted pumpkin and aromatic sage add a gourmet touch to this tasty vegetarian pasta creation.
- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 625g fresh ricotta and spinach agnolotti pasta
- 80g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Shaved parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a bowl. Add chilli and coriander. Spray with oil. Stir to combine. Arrange pumpkin, in a single layer, on baking tray. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sage and walnut for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is golden and sage crisp.
- Add pumpkin, sage mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until combined and heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.