A gift tag, some ribbon and a jarful of festive ingredients makes a clever food gift idea for Christmas.
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (65g) rolled oats
- 100g craisins (dried cranberries), see variation
- 130g white chocolate chips
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Spoon the flour mixture into a 1L (4-cup) capacity glass jar. Top with brown sugar, then caster sugar. Top with oats, then craisins, then chocolate chips. Seal jar. Give as gift.
- To make cookies, preheat oven to 190C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Empty jar into a large bowl. Add butter, egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on baking trays approximately 5cm apart. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking, or until edges are lightly browned. Turn biscuits onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.