For a healthy, low-calorie and gluten-free breakfast try this delicious 5-minute quinoa, apple and yoghurt bircher bowl.
- 65g (2/3 cup) quinoa flakes
- 130g (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk (cows, soy or almond)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed kernels
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh mixed berries (such as raspberries or blueberries).
- Combine the quinoa flakes, yoghurt, apple, milk, sunflower seed kernels, chia seeds and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Serve topped with berries.