Give your weeknights a boost and add chorizo, a spicy Spanish sausage, to this roast chicken.
- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 125g chorizo, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry sherry
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- Wilted English spinach, toÂ serveÂ (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place a roasting pan in the oven for 5 minutes to preheat.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to remove the backbone from chicken and discard. Turn over chicken and use the heel of your hand to flatten.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan. Scatter around the chorizo. Roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown. Add the sherry and roast for 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced. Add the beans and stock and roast for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Use a potato masher to slightly mash the beans. Season. Divide the chicken, chorizo and beans among serving plates. Serve with wilted spinach, if using.