Have dinner on the table in 15 minutes with this deliciously easy carbonara pasta!
- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 2cm-long pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsely leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream and parmesan in a jug. Season with pepper.
- Add bacon and egg mixture to pasta. Cook, tossing, over low heat for 1 minute or until combined. Top with parsley. Serve.